.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
 

Things that make me go "Hmmmmmmm..." Marketing, Internet Marketing, and Us

Things that make me go "Hmmmmmmm..." Leah Blog

11.18.2005

All your base are belong to Google! -----Or, "This entry probably won't be translated into Japanese"------

All your base are belong to GoogleForgive the MS Paint, It's Friday night and I'm home sober.



(Borrowed shamelessly from Wiki, which I will discuss in my next posting. Probably.)


Now, All Your Base Are Belong to Google!

Their beta Google Base "community" posting site has opened to the public.

I think I've seen it referred to as craiglist on steroids, but I could be wrong because that would be an inaccurate description.

For now at least.

Because it's not filled with people, which it would need to be, to accurately be described as such.

But I digress..

Google's nowhere near stupid enough to take an "If you build it, they will come" approach to their online properties, or communities if you will, even if Froogle seems to kind of be going the way of Waterworld.

This was all pretty much my attempt at a very clumsy segue into a long post about the buzzword "Web 2.0" and the role concepts like viral marketing play in it, and what seem to be the keys to successes and failures of web ventures on today's Internet.

Well, I didn't mean for it to be a clumsy segue, it just turned out that way...

Ah hell, who do I think I'm kidding?

I just wanted to say AYBABTG and use MS paint.

YA RLY.